Merry Christmas to all and hopefully you all had a great New Years!
Here is my Quarter 4 update for 2021.
- since inception (Oct 2020) my international share portfolio has returned 46,67% against the SPDR S&P 500 ETF which returned 38,17%
- my P2P and Crowdlending investment profile returned a total of 1.43%, bringing my total for crowdlending to a return of 3.82% for 2021.
- my Solar panel system generated:
- 97.628 kWh of energy in October,
- 106.976 kWh of energy in November
- 120.773 kWh of energy in December
all of this beautiful power was paid out in BTC. My total energy generation reached 1,562 kWh. Total carbon reduced – 1,609 kg
- my total investment portfolio increased 7%.
If you haven’t signed up for the newsletter, I suggest that you go ahead and do that. The newsletter is sent out once a month with all of the articles that were published during that month.
The main items that happened throughout the previous months include:
- 8 articles published
- 3 guest posts published
- Purchased Visa, Suncor, StoneCo, and Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
- Sold MSC Industrial Direct
If you missed some of the articles that were published this quarter, I encourage you to check out:
- How to Improve Your Money Mindset
- Swedish Driving License Explained
- The Benefits of Fractional Real Estate Investing
- What Does Pay Yourself First Mean When it Comes to Saving?
- How to Make Money With a Website Without Selling Anything
- Nexo Savings Account Review: How You Can Earn Double Digit Income from Your Cryptocurrency
- 3 Different Ways Of Investing In Real Estate
- How to Start an Affiliate Program for Your Business
I also had received the following guest post which may be of interest:
- Money Mini Blog – 5 Billionaires Thoughts on Cryptocurrency
- Camp Fire Finance – Should I Run Advertisements on My Blog?
- Value of Stocks – How To Change Your Attitude Towards Personal Finance
Progress Towards Financial Freedom
I have been on the financial freedom path for a while, however, I have not documented my progress until now. Instead of using actual values, I am using percentages (with the goal being 100%). I have an initial conservative plan of 20 years and have provided a guide as to my current progress. You can also see my longer-term graph (i.e. the next 20 years) back on my main returns page.
If you are interested to see the breakdown of the investments, please see the chart below.
Quarter 4 2021 Buys and Sells
This quarter I made the following transactions:
|MSC Industrial Direct Co Inc||Sell||Made a strong gain on this. Routed the money into other growth opportunities below|
|Visa||Buy||Great business that was trading at fair value. High dividend CAGR|
|StoneCo||Buy||Still dropping. Leading digital payments processor in Brazil. Slightly risky with the pandemic|
Temporary loss in revenue last quarter
|Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp||Buy||Strong Canadian company in the renewables space. |
Bought with dividend >4%, CAGR 10%+
|Suncor Energy Inc||Buy||Hasn’t returned from pre pandemic levels. Company has lots of cash which they are putting into dividends and share buybacks.|
I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to purchase more shares in StoneCo. The shares have dropped more than 80% from their all time high because they had a small setback in one of their segments due to changes in the countries credit registry system. They currently have over 1 million clients, and remain the leading payments processor in Brazil.
Unfortunately P2P and Crowdlending kinda sucks compared to the returns I am getting elsewhere.
Nevertheless, here is my Crowdlending breakdown:
For this quarter, I received an average return of 1.43%. My total P2P return for 2021 was 3.82%
The main issue for me is that I am heavy in Crowdestor, and the majority of loans on their platform are delayed.
Luckily I only have a very small percentage of my overall wealth in crowdlending, so this can be more of an experiment rather than my whole retirement.
As these returns are extremely poor, I plan on leaving / reducing my exposure to the crowdlending sector.
To see the actual graphs for each of these platforms, head on over to my portfolio page.
The Sun Exchange – Passive Income from the Sun
The last quarter saw The Sun Exchange complete the installation of the largest crowdsourced project in Africa (across all sectors) – Nhimbe Fresh. The crowdsale came in at $1.4 million!!
If you are interested in finding our more about the sun exchange, please check out my full platform review.
The last quarter my cells were able to generate 325 kWh of energy (paid out in BTC).
My total energy generated through The Sun Exchange is currently at 1562 kWh,
On average, electric cars consume 34.6kWh to travel 100 miles. That means that I could drive more than 4,500 miles with the amount of energy I have produced.
For some comparison, with 1 kWh you can, toast 160 slices of bread. So in that regard, I have generated enough power to toast 249,920 slices of bread.
Blog Side Hustle
So this blog is a bit of a side hustle in itself. My change from Google AdSense to Ezoic has been going great! So far the amount that I am making is only increasing each month 🚀
If you are interested, I wrote a review about what makes Ezoic a great platform.
Here are the results:
So basically, more site views, more ads, more income.
Lately I have been focusing a lot on getting my articles out there on my socials. I have enlisted the help of the scheduling genious Tailwind to automate some of the process. The platforms that I am specifically targeting are Instagram and Pinterest. Here are some statistics:
- Instagram: 21 posts, 5 followers, 39 likes (up from 1 post, 0 followers, 3 likes last quarter)
- Pinterest: 52 followers, 605 pins, 331 repines (up from 18 followers, 79 pins, 39 repins last quarter)
- Facebook: 25 page likes (up from 23 page likes)
- Twitter: 591 followers (up from 584 followers)
Let’s keep seeing these go up up up 📈
So that’s all for this month. Thanks for checking out the update, and I encourage you to reach out to me if you want to discuss something further!
I do encourage you to comment below, and sign up for my newsletter. The newsletter comes out once a month and includes this update and any other articles published during the month.