Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to work from home everyday? I’m not talking about logging your hours, having a morning catch-up with your boss, and then sit in Zoom meetings all day. I’m talking about being able to work at home for yourself!
How is that possible you may ask?
And, your in luck…
Here we discuss how you can make money, or earn more money from your website. We specifically review the Ezoic platform which is the platform that I currently use to speed up, optimize, and display advertisements on my site. Lets jump in to the Ezoic review!
Why We Use Ezoic as Our Advertising Partner
- What is Ezoic?
- What do they Offer?
- Minimum Requirements to Join
- Access Now (self integration for <10,000 views)
- Setup and Integration
- Ezoic Levels
- Ezoic Revenue Guarantee
- How Much Does Ezoic Pay for 1,000 Views?
- Ezoic vs Adsense, Mediavine and AdThrive
- AdSense Integration through Mediation
- Payment Methods
- Affiliate Program
- Overall Review
Affiliate disclaimer: Some of the links below may be affiliate links (disclosure). If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission (which come at no additional cost to you). Thanks.
What is Ezoic?
Ezoic is a platform that is built for publishers to get more out of their website. The platform offers many different optimizations, ad networks, and ad-related technologies. Ezoic itself is not a ad network.
What Does Ezoic Offer?
The Ezoic platform offers many cool and really cutting edge features that you surely won’t want to miss. The platform offers many features including:
- Website Monetization – Includes using artificial intelligence to place ads in the best spot and in the best size, based on a visitors behaviour including device used and a visitors location. Overall you get more revenue per user to your site.
- SEO through nicheIQ – Fix broken links, get ideas for your next keyword, try different headings through the SEO Tag Tester. Ezoic will compare pageviews, bounce rate, click through and average search result and then set the winner as the heading you use. Check out nicheIQ today!
- Video through Humix – The platform provides the Ezoic Video Player tool for uploading videos, indexing videos for higher search rankings, and introducing monetization. The platform determines which videos work best, and how maximum revenue can be achieved.
- Video Creation through flickify – Flickify allows users to turn their articles into videos. It’s quick to use and fully customizable!
- Cloud – Sites that are integrated with Ezoic currently utilise the platforms cloud infrastructure – Ezoic Cloud. The cloud is designed to allow your site to pass Core Web Vitals while showing ads. It includes server side ad loading among other things.
- Leap – Ezoic Leap is the tool that does it all in terms of site performance. Its the tool that will guide your site in passing core web vitals.
- Analytics – The platform offers its own analytics tool – Big Data Analytics, which allow you to see how your revenue is going based on nearly any metric, including authors, category, word count and bounce rate.
What is the Ezoic Ad Tester?
One of the most powerful tools that makes Ezoic so great, is its ad testing technology. Simply put, The Ad Tester uses multivariate testing to see what ads should be shown to what viewers, to provide you with the highest revenue while also increasing user experience.
It might be that people visiting your site in Sweden, see different sized ads in different positions, than those that visit your site from America.
Another example, is that if you have 16 ad placeholders setup, viewer A may see only 5 ads, while viewer B may be shown 10.
You tell the platform where you could possibly show advertisements, and what size you are happy to show, then the platform will test millions of combinations to work our the best ad placement for you and your visitors.
For context of how many combinations can be tested, if you had 20 placeholders on your website, and you could show 3 possible sizes for each placeholder, the system has close to 5.5 million different combinations to test.
SEO Tag Tester (nicheIQ)
Are you struggling to come up with a good title for your most recent blog post? Well, with the SEO tag tester (aka. heading optimization tool aka nicheIQ), you are able to create multiple titles and have Ezoic test these to see which one performs best!
How does it work?
- You write some variations for a title of a page on your website
- Ezoic conducts testing to determine which titles perform best against things such as page view rate, bounce rate, clickthrough and search result through Google
- Once the test is complete, the platform will display the winning title
This means that you no longer have to wonder if you should have chosen a different title. How easy is that!
What else does NicheIQ have to offer?
Through nicheIQ you’re also able to find topic suggestions to write about, and also find broken links throughout your site.
Ezoic Leap Review
If you don’t know what Core Web Vitals are, its basically an initiative by google to provide a unified way of measuring signals that provide a great user experience. The signals include loading performance (through Largest Contentful Paint), interactivity (through First Input Delay), and visual stability (through Cumulative Layout Shift).
I won’t go into too much more detail here as its out of scope for this article, but you can find a lot of helpful information about how the web vitals work here.
If your looking on how to have a fast website while using leap, check out this great article on the Ezoic blog – How I Made A Fast WordPress Site With Ads Using Ezoic Leap
The toolset includes options for:
- optimizing the loading of stylesheets and fonts
- optimizing loading, serving and sizes of images
- caching static assets
- pre connecting assets
- magnification of HTML, CSS, and Java
- optimizing loading and execution of scripts and ads
- loading iframes.
Additionally, Ezoic leap provides tools to allow you to see how your current technologies impact your site, and how any changes to your technologies or settings would affect your performance.
Another great part of Exoic Leap, is that your able to see how others are performing, what technologies they are using, and then your able to copy their settings. This is super helpful if you find another site with a similar theme as yours.
Leap is 100% free and able to be used on all accounts that can access the monetization features.
Big Data Analytics
As all of your traffic is coming through the Ezoic CDN, the platform is able to provide you with some really cool data. Even better than the standard data you get from Google Analytics!
The Big Data Analytics toolset allows you to combine revenue to every website action. For instance:
- if you have 2 authors for your website, the analytics toolset can tell you the average income from advertisements based on each writer
- you can see how much money you make depending on the wordcount of your blog articles
- if are you unable to decide which topic to blog about next, you can see which category brings in the most money
- determine what types of visitors are most engaged and produce the most revenue.
Additionally the tool is able to determine what your visitors like to see. You can find out interesting questions such as: “at what stage to visitors bounce from my page?” or “what parts of my website does my audience like best?”.
Overall this tool allows you to objectively analyse your results, and make informed decisions about what you should invest in (i.e. ads directed at certain people, type of articles, or your best money making writer).
Videos (Humix and flickify)
- Flickify provides ways to convert your articles into high-quality video, including many customisation options such as narrator voices, soundtrack music and other styling options. It should only take a couple of minutes to great a good video!
- Humix is the video player system that allows you to share both your videos, and those from others in the Humix network, on your website. You are put in control of how you monitize your videos, including adjusting your goals, enabling auto play and many other things.
Scores are a toolset that provides actionable tips to help sites increase revenue and user experience.
It basically provides a list of opportunities to improve your overall score (and in turn revenue). Examples of such tasks include having an ads.txt file, linking AdSense, ad placement and revenue objectives.
The higher your score, the high your boost is to the next Ezoic level.
What are the Minimum Ezoic Requirements to Join?
The requirements to join the Ezoic network are simple.
Previously Ezoic restricted sites that had a minimum of 10,000 visits per month. However, this has been scrapped, as Ezoic no longer requires set pageviews per new sign-ups.
Instead, if you have less than 10,000 views a month, you will go through the Ezoic Access Now program, which automates the onboarding process.
Access Now (less than 10,000 views/month)
If you have less than 10,000 visits per month, Ezoic offers you the chance to join their network, through the Access Now program.
This is a bit different to their main offering, but just in terms of onboarding and levels (more on levels later)
When you join through the Access Now program you will have to go through a “self-serve onboarding” process. This means that you will need to go through the integration yourself.
The integration process involves:
- taking a basic badge preperation course
- completing a cloud integration
- take additional courses to unlock speed and monetization features
The point of the courses is that it allows you develop an understanding for how ads work and how companies bit on them, and how you can get the most out of your website.
The pass mark for each course is 75%, and you can have multiple goes at it (but only 1 go per every 24 hours).
You are also provided with a certificate at the end of each course.
Once you have completed the onboarding process, the Ezoic team will review your website to ensure that it meets the general requirements of serving advertisements. The basic guidelines include original content, authentic traffic, non-prohibited content, and open and easily accessible content.
After you have passed the review, your able to access all that the platform has to offer, including tools that only other big networks previously had access to!
Once you have completed all of the courses, you go into a draw to win a bonus of $100. You can also repeat courses
I was very interested in getting this up and running as soon as possible, so for me the actual integration process took just on a week. It took a day for me to integrate and complete the assessments, and then a few days for my site to be approved.
Setup and Integration
By connecting through these methods, your able to access the fast CDN (content delivery network) that creates copies of your site throughout the world. This means that when someone from Africa would access your website from a different place than someone viewing your website form America.
Integration is simple. If your using nameservers, you can select “integration”, then “cloud integration”. Then you are provided with a list of nameservers that you can can update from your domain provider. There are a lot of videos on how to change nameservers at the most common domain registrars.
If you are connecting through CloudFlare, the setup is much simpler. Ezoic is a Certified CloudFlare partner, so you can easily connect to Ezoic by simply entering your CloudFlare account details. Once you hit save, your account is integrated!
Additional Information on Integration
Don’t integrate your site through the WordPress plugin. You won’t have access to all of the great optimization and speed features.
If your site has been previously banned from AdSense, its likely that Ezoic will not be able to monetize you site until the ban has been lifted.
The platform has recently released levels, which is like a blueprint to your website growth. The levels feature allows tailored products and services to publishers that are at different stages of their journey.
There are currently 5 levels ranging from Access now, to VIP. Each level has a set requirement for visits and income, which are outlined in the picture below.
The Ezoic levels include:
- Access Now: <10,000 visits, No required revenue
- Level 1: >10,000 visits and $50 revenue p/mth
- Level 2: 30,000 visits and $300 revenue p/mth
- Level 3: 75,000 visits and $750 revenue p/mth
- Level 4: 500,000 visits and $5,000 revenue p/mth
- VIP: This is limited availability and you would need to be earning $10,000+ a month to be eligible.
Once you have reached level 1, you’re able to access the optional learning program, which provides regular lessons each month.
Sites are able to use the program to learn from more successful publishers and other growth experts.
After you have done some classes, you’re able to apply for various cash grants.
Ezoic offer grants to all customers regardless of their level. The grants come in three types:
- Spark Grants: Available to all customers, awarded based on merits and ability to grow using Ezoic.
- Growth Grants: Available to publishers above Level 2. Awarded based on strong and consistent track record of visitor growth
- Incubator Grants: Premium members above Level 3. Based on more terms and conditions.
Ezoic Revenue Guarantee
Ezoic are so confident that their offering will beat their competitors (i.e. Google Adsense, Mediavine, and AdThrive), that they are willing to pay 25% more of your monthly earnings if you don’t earn more.
Of course, like anything, there are some terms and conditions including that the guarantee is only for sites with more than 10,000 visits per month, earning more than $50 in monthly revenue.
Further restrictions, and more about the program can be found here.
How Much Does Ezoic Pay for 1000 Views?
This is the question that everybody want to know, and unfortunately, its the hardest question to answer. There are just way too many variables to determine how much Ezoic will pay for 1000 page views. It also depends on your level, with partners shown below:
If we look at my example below, this site currently generating just above $10 USD per 1,000 page views. But that is only on the Core Monetization, which is the lowest ad partner (based on my level)
However, as more and more ad combinations get tested, and I move up the various levels, I expect this to increase quite a bit.
How Does Ezoic Compare to Adsense, Mediavine and AdThrive?
The story used to go that a person would start advertising through Google Adsense until they reached 10,000 visitors per month.
Then that person would move to Ezoic until they had reached 50,000 views, then Mediavine until 100,000, then AdThrive when they were seeing mroe than 100,000 viewers a month.
However, there are a few major reasons why this doesn’t make sense anymore:
- Ezoic now have no restrictions on the amount of visitors you need. So, if your able to be approved by Google Adsense, then you should also be approved through Ezoic.
- There is a 25% Revenue Guarantee that Ezoic will perform better than any other platform (such as Adsense, Mediavine and Adthrive).
So really Ezoic is really your one stop partner regardless of how many website visits you get. The platform far outweighs all of the other ad management platforms.
Additionally, no one should be using Google Adsense anymore. Even if you can use it without having a website. Ezoic is better than AdSense. There I said it.
What is the point of being solely in the AdSense program? You can earn double or triple your revenue through Ezoic, you can show less ads, and you are also provided with a great package of tools to speed up and optimize your website.
But, if you’re still not ready to ditch your AdSense, I understand. You shouldn’t.
As part of the platform tools, Ezoic have released the Mediation App, which allows you to have other platforms compete with Ezoic for a place on your website. These “other programs” include Google AdSense.
AdSense and the Mediation App
The Mediation App is a super cool feature that allows you to link your existing ad network account (i.e. Google AdSense) with the Ezoic ad network.
Ad networks that are setup through mediation will compete with Ezoic’s own ad partners for the advertising inventory on your website.
Any money that is earnt through mediation, is payed out through that networks application. I.e., if Google AdSense outbids Ezoic for an ad on your site, the advertisement earnings for that particular ad will be paid to your AdSense account.
Another great thing about mediation is that there is no revenue share. Meaning that if an AdSense share beat an ad from the Ad Exchange network, then Ezoic does not take any revenue from this. So basically it doesn’t cost you anything to keep your AdSense account and link it to Ezoic!
Once you have set up the mediation through the “Adsense Mediation” settings under “Monetization”, you will then have the code from your AdSense linked into the Ad combination tests.
Ezoic Payment Methods
Just like with other platforms, Ezoic has a payment threshold that needs to be hit before you can withdraw any funds. The minimum payment threshold that you can set is $20.
The platform supports multiple payment methods include Paypal, Prepaid Card and International Wire Transfer. Additional payment methods include a cheque (recommended for USA and Canada only), or a Direct Deposit (USA only).
Payments sent via Payoneer will receive the below currency conversion fee if they are set up for an automatic transfer:
- Canada (CAD) = 0.15%
- United Kingdom (GBP) = 0.15%
- European Union (EUR) = 0.15%
- Pakistan (PKR) = 0.15%
- China (CNY) = 0.15%
- India (INR) = 0.50%
- All other currencies = 2%
There are additional fees for receiving funds in USD and PayPal may add their own currency conversion fee as well (as high as 4%).
If your preferred currencies aren’t shown above, I would suggest that you integrate with a platform such as Revolut. For me personally I don’t have a bank account in the US, UK or European Union, making it hard to accept payments at a lower currency conversion fee. Revolut provided me with a European Union (EUR) account that included an IBAN and other banking details.
Now I am able to receive payments in Euro, and also use that account for other business or investment related activities.
Is the Platform Trustworthy?
The Ezoic platform currently has a 3.8 rating on Trustpilot (335 Review), with many great comments. 6 of the last 7 comments that I saw at the time of publishing this Ezoic review:
- “great support, helps maximize site revenue”
- “one of the best platforms to work with”
- “best solution”
- “easy transition”
- “the platform is insane”
- “support has been helpful and nice”.
Ezoic has a great FAQ page setup to answer any other questions that you may have.
Ezoic Affiliate Program – 3% Lifetime Revenue
If you like the services that Ezoic has to offer, and you want to tell others about them, then you can join the Ezoic Affiliate Program.
The program offers 3% of a publishers total revenue on all traffic that is sent to the site, for the lifetime that they use Ezoic.
Any commissions or rewards can be collected monthly, and there is no limit on the amount of people that you can sign up!
Read our full review of the affiliate program to see how you can increase your passive income today!
Overall Ezoic Platform Review
I was like most people, thinking I could make some money showing advertisements on a blog. I installed Google AdSense on my account and had a clear plan on how I was going to progress. First I needed 10,000 views then I could move to Ezoic. Then I needed 50,000 views to move to Mediavine. Then the golden ticket was AdThrive which required 100,000 views.
But then suddenly I found the Ezoic Access Now program, which allowed sites with less than 10,000 views to sign up straight away. I quickly jumped straight into the automated onboarding process, and I haven’t looked back since.
I have been nothing short of impressed of what the platform has to offer. There are so many tools, videos, training and learning resources that I feel really excited for what the future brings with my website. I especially love the amount of information that you can find through their Leap tool. It lists a lot of technologies (i.e. plugins) that may be dragging down your Core Website Vitals score.
Overall I made many changes to the structure of my website, which allowed me to really speed up my site to perform better in the Google search algorithm.
The one thing that could dissuade you from joining, is that the platform needs you to send traffic through either Cloudflare or through Nameservers. I had some issues initially with getting this setup, and there is only a chat community that is able to provide you with support. But overall, if your savvy enough you should be able to work.