My name is Matt. I work at home as a full-time consultant for an overseas company.
In my free time, I care for my young family, work on my house, spend time in the garden, go for walks on the beach and write articles here.
I am a fairly frugal person:
- My wife and I use a cheap but reliable 2005 car. We purchased this initially for ~$1,500 USD.
- I maintain my own garden, clean my own home and fix stuff when it breaks.
- I regularly check out opportunity shops for great bargains.
- I shop for food according to seasonality.
- Most of the furniture in our house is second hand.
I am not financially independent yet. But I will be. I want to share my experiences and hopefully provide some knowledge to others who are looking to move into a position where they can work for themselves from anywhere in the world!
For now, sit back, relax, and stay tuned for these articles. If you haven’t done so already, you can also sign up for my monthly newsletter.
You can also check out the status of my investment returns here!
/ Matt a.k.a. thewahman