Thank you for considering submitting an article to thewahman. Guest posting has so many benefits to both the writer and also the person accepting the guest post. The main benefits include building your brand and networking with others in a similar niche. However, before any article is submitted or approved to be published on the website, each article must follow a set of guidelines. The guidelines set a standard to what gets accepted, and what unfortunately does not. This is why I have released guest posting guidelines, to help you submit a successful blog article.
Opportunities to guest post are specifically for personal bloggers only to gain exposure for their personal sites. This means that:
- if you don’t have a blog don’t bother proposing an article
- if you send me a generic email that is clearly marketing a commercial site, I will ignore it.
Thewahman will not offer any monetary compensation for guest posts.
Submission of a guest post does not guarantee its publication on thewahman.com.
Generally if your submission benefits our readers it will be published.
Before you submit any posts for consideration, please take note of some of the following guidelines:
What Should my Guest Post Include?
Please take the below guidelines into consideration:
- In keeping with the theme of the website, guest posts should offer inspirational stories about following your dreams, or ideas and information about making money, saving money, budgeting, sustainability, work life, or general financial independence.
- Posts must be:
- well written, clear and interesting
- original content (not published anywhere else online).
Posts may be run through Copyscape to ensure that they are original. The Hemingway App helps with the readability and general flow of the article.
- More than 1000 words.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Heavy modifications may not be accepted
- Use bullet points, lists, short paragraphs to help make reading easier.
- Feel free to include a little bio of yourself with a link back to your website.
What won’t be Permitted
- Multi-level marketing
- Sponsored posts
- Multiple links back to a website or product, unless they provide integrity to the post
- Submissions that are simply looking for a backlink or advertisement of a site or product
- Republishing or spinning of any articles written for thewahman.com
Other Guest Post Information
Editors from thewahman.com reserve the right to edit, adapt, update, and republish contributions at their discretion, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness. This includes changing keywords, placing, modifying or removing links, and in rare cases removing the post from the site.
By submitting a guest post, you are guaranteeing that the submission does not violate a third party’s legal rights.
These guidelines have been created to streamline the guest post process, and ensure that everyone submitting articles is on a level playing field. Please do not be discouraged by any of the conditions above.
How to Submit
Feel free to submit a query with a proposed topic to matt [at] thewahman.com. From there the editors can discuss with you any considerations.
Send your completed post to matt [at] thewahman.com, with the subject line “Guest Post Submission”. You should expect a response within a week, however it may take longer.
Will I get a DoFollow link?
We reserve the right to include any links as dofollow or nofollow. To increase your chance of a follow link, we request that you do a proper analysis of keywords, and propose something that thewahman can actually rank for.
If the article is of good quality, and brings in organic readers through Google, then we will place a follow link in the article.
According to Google, its best practice to include nofollow attributes on guest post content. Generally Google is smart and able to nofollow these links themselves. Don’t just take my word for it:
That’s an unnatural link – the kind the webspam team might take action on. https://t.co/kfQQithCnK & https://t.co/q5GmAxx2YM have more. Making sure the links use rel=nofollow / rel=sponsored would still allow sites to get visibility without having to worry about manual actions.
— 🍌 John 🍌 (@JohnMu) June 3, 2020
What Happens Next?
Once submitted and approved, a guest post will go in line, and will be published at the next available opportunity. At this stage, only 1-2 guest posts will be posted each month. The guest post will become property of thewahman.com, however you will receive credit as the author and the submission. We will never remove your name or claim the article as our own.